This update also can be obtain using OTA update from Lenovo A536 that using build number ROW_S175, but OTA update have requirements that must be met. So if you device already rooted and installed with custom recovery and you wanna update to this build number than just follow this guide.
Remember modified or change the Lenovo A536 file system has possibility to brick your device, so please do with your own risk and prepare the backup.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial, only for International or ROW firmware . Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : A536_S179_150403_ROW
- Date : 03.04.2015
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : Include
- A536_S179_150403_ROW ↦ 904.Mb, full images ROM for build number A536_S179_150403
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ driver that need installed on your device, this driver make flash tool known your device.
- SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352 ↦ flash tool to flash or install the image ROM to your device, recommended to use only this version.
Update Lenovo A536 with International Firmware A536_S179_150403_ROW
- For update Lenovo A536 with firmware version ROW_S175, you computer first must be already installed with USB VCOM driver, to install it please follow bellow step by step :
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- After finish installing USB VCOM driver now it time to update your device, extract and run flash tool.exe. If you using windows 7 or later please run it as administrator to avoid any permission error. Go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download and please make sure that DA DL All with Checksum option is already checked, this is must do step so please don't forget it.
- Close the Options window and back to flash tool, click on Scatter-Loading button, browse it target_bin folder and then select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt. This action will automatically load all necessary images to flash tool.
- Now change Download Only on download option to Firmware Upgrade, then press on Download button or hit CTRL+D. Once you press the button flash tool will on ready state and waiting connection from your device.
- Turn off your device and please remove the battery, when you are ready please connect your device to computer using USB cable. Flash tool will recognize it and begin to start flashing process, this process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and will finish if you see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool.
- Done, easy right !!. ow verify that your device is already update with the build number same like above downloaded file. You can check your device build number by go to System Settings ↦ About Phone ↦ Software Information.
Congratulations, now your Lenovo A536 is already update with firmware build number A536_S179_150403_ROW. Please leave any comments if you found any problem regarding this guide or if you found any broken links, thank you