Update Lenovo A850 to the Latest ROW Firmware, A850_ROW_S128_140627 - New update for Lenovo A850 devices, since A850 will not received Android KitKat so S128 is still using Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2. This guide will teach you how to update your Lenovo A850 device to the latest version using PC method, but this update also can be obtain with OTA update with certain circumstances.
This guide will erase all your data, root access and all change that you already made with the previous firmware, this guide is also has possibility to brick your device backup full ROM and data is required before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : A850_ROW_S128_140627
- Date : 14-06-2014
- OS : Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : Not Include
- A850_ROW_S128_140627 ↦ contains all images required to update your device to the latest version of international ROM.
- USB VCOM Driver ↦ Install this driver first on your computer, Turn off your device and remove the battery, using USB cable connect your device while look at My Computer ↦ Manage ↦ Device Manager there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show up for 5 second than disappeared, before disappeared right click on it and select Update Driver Software point it to USB VCOM Driver extracted folder. When it finish disconnect and connect again there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1320 ↦ flash tool need to flashing or install firmware to your device, recommended to use only this version tool.
- Download all required files and place it in one folder for easy organize it, because this guide is using PC method so you must confirm first that USB VCOM driver is properly installed on your computer without USB VCOM flash tool will not recognize your device and progress bar is still on 0%
- Extract ROM file, it will contains target_bin folder. Extract flash tool and go to extracted folder, run flash_tool.exe if you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, check DA DL All with Checksum option, next click the Scatter-Loading button browse it to target_bin folder and then select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt, it will automatically all required files to flash tool.
- If everything is set up, now you can press Firmware Upgrade button or hit F8. flash tool will process the ROM file and after finish it will on stand by mode waiting connection from your device. (Once you connect your device and received error code 8038, then try using firmware upgrade button instead download button)
- Turn off your device and remove the battery, wait for 5 second then connect your device. Flash tool will recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, it will take 5-6 minutes to finish and when you see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool it mean flashing process finish successfully.
- Done, disconnect your device and try to normal boot, first booting will take about 5 minutes to finish so please be patient. Confirm that you already successful flashing your device to the latest version. Go to System Setting ↦ About Phone ↦ Software Information confirm that Build Number is same with the downloaded ROM.