Lenovo S930 change or replace Modem Firmware for Better Signal - Today's guide is again about replacing or changing modem file on current running firmware for Lenovo S930, this guide is to solve the problem with signal reception on Lenovo S930.
This guide will modified Leovo S930 system files so it very recommend to do backup preparation before start to following this guide, with this i hope you can solve signal issued on your Lenovo S930 device.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, (DWYOR)
- To be able modified system files Lenovo S930 must already ROOTED and using custom recovery, you can see at Rooting Lenovo S930 running International Firmware version
- Already have full backup current ROM and modem, once you replace modem file there is impossible to restore is back.
- Modem_S930_V17_ROW ↦ modem file from ROW S117, this can be flash using custom recovery can be use for international or china device
- Modem_S930_V18_ROW ↦ modem file from ROW S118, this can be flash using custom recovery can be use for international or china device
- Modem_S930_V11_CN ↦ modem file from china firmware, usually used by china devices and install using custom recovery.
- Modem_1wg_n ↦ this modem file taken from Vibe 1.5 china firmware, can only install using manual installation.
- Recovery Mode Installation
- This installation mode only can be do with custom recovery, no standard recovery can do this method.
- Turn off your device and boot to recovery mode, press and hold Power button + Volume Down + Volume Up button and release until you can see recovery main menu
- On the custom recovery main menu select Install zip from sd card ↦ Choose zip from sd card ↦ point it to downloaded modem file
- After installation finish back to custom recovery main menu, select Reboot System Now
- Boot normally and confirm with go to System Setting ↦ About Phone ↦ look on the Baseband Version make sure it same with the downloaded modem file.
- Manual Installation
- Install Root Explorer on your device, this program needed ROOT to be run
- Copy the downloaded file to your device, the name must be modem.img so just rename it
- Open Root Explorer and navigate to /etc/firmware
- Move modem.img from downloaded modem file to /etc/firmware then set permission to RW--R--R.
- Done, now reboot your phone.