Update Lenovo S820 with the new International Firmware Version ROW_S223 - Update for Lenovo S820 already rool out, this update has build number S820_ROW_S223_150119, don't expect too much on this update because this update not make a big change on the user interface but only a little improvement for battery and system.
This guide will provide full image installation for Lenovo S820 4Gb, if you have 8Gb then sorry i still cannot provide you file to download, this guide will install a new operating system to your device and replace your current running firmware, this guide also have possibility to brick your device so please very consider it before following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR). This is for Lenovo S820 4GB for 8Gb there is another file and i will update it as soon as it available.
If you got "UnRecognized ROM Detectd" the solution is use SP Flash Tool v3.1304, tick the preload ↦ click the preload ↦ browse it to target_bin/preload.img
ROM Descriptions :
- Build Number : S820_ROW_S223_150119
- Date : 19.01.2015
- OS : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Languages : Russian , Ukrainian, English, Arabic, Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai
- Google Applications : Include
- Root : No
- Type : Full image install using flash tool
- S820_ROW_S223_150119 ↦ 1.6 Gb, full image that need to update Lenovo S820 to build number S223
- SP Flash Tool v5.1352 ↦ must be downloaded, because it not include on ROM download above.
- USB Vcom driver ↦ this need to be installed first, without this installed properly flash tool will not recognize your device and progress bar will remains at 0%.
- First thing to do is install USB Vcom driver on your computer, without this driver installed on your computer flash tool will not recognize your device and progress bar will stay at 0%, for installing USB Vcom driver please refer to this below :
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off wait like 20 seconds after power off the device
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- Extract ROM downloaded and the flash tool on then same folder, for easy organize it and flashing it. Go to flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe. If you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privilege.
- On the flash tool, please go to Options ↦ Option ↦ Download please make sure DA DL All with Checksum already checked, click X (Close) to back to Flash Tool, this option is very important so please don't forget it.
- Once back to flash tool, now please click on the Scatter-Loading button and point it to ROM extracted folder and the select MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt this will automatically loaded all required images file to update your device, Please wait until flash tool finish processing the image files and become stand by.
- Change Download option from Download Only to Firmware Upgrade mode, now you can press Download button or hit CTRL+D. Flash tool will initialize the files that add to the flash tool and when finish flash tool will ready to make connection with your device.
- When flash tool already finish and stand by, now please turn off your device and remove the battery. Connect your device to computer using USB cable, flash tool will immediately recognize your device and begin to start flashing process, this process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and when you see GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool that mean flashing process already finish