Lenovo S850 Installing Android Lollipop 5.0 Custom ROM - This is an Android Lollipop for Lenovo S850 but this is custom ROM develop by russian developer from 4pda.ru, so if you wanna taste or feel the experience using Android 5.0 Lollipop then you must try to install this custom ROM to your device.
This is a custom ROM so there many bug on it, and it also have some requirements to be fulfilled, this guide will show you how to install a Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM on your Lenovo S850. This guide using flash tool method to install Android 5.0 Lollipop, so it will erase all your previous ROM and data so please make backup preparations before starting following this guide.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. Even this guide is already tested but it has possibility to brick your phone, Until now i still cannot fix Lenovo S850 that have signal lost problem so do with your own risk (DWYOR)
Screen Shots :
- Auto focus not working, but camera is 100% work with 13 Mp
- The ROM is very buggy, so please very consider it before decide to follow the guide and change your ROM.
- Network unstable, but can get 3G for SIM 1
- Battery consumption
- this ROM already out to date and the link is vanish, so i replace it with the link from 4pdu.ru lollipop ROM base on CM 12, you can install this ROM using TWRP or another custom recovery, ignore the rest guide CYANOGENMOD 12.1 Mark VII FINAL R36 (Open using chrome)
- First thing to do is install USB Vcom driver on your computer, without this driver installed on your computer flash tool will not recognize your device and progress bar will stay at 0%, for installing USB Vcom driver please refer to this below :
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off wait like 20 seconds after power off the device
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
- Extract the ROM download files, there will be contains 2 folder ROM folder and flash tool folder, now just go to flash tool folder and run flash_tool.exe
- On the flash tool, check DA DL All with Checksum option this is must checked option so please don't forget it. Click Scatter-Loading button browse to target_bin folder and select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt file, when you select it will automatically load the rest files to flash tool.
- When everything is set just press Download button or press F9, flash tool will begin to prepare the files that will be used for flashing process, wait until finish.
- Now turn off your device, because Lenovo S850 use non removable battery you must make sure that it completely turn off. Connect your device to your computer, flash tool will recognize the device and starting flashing process, the process will take 5-6 minutes to finish and when you can see GREEN CIRCLE on the middle of flash tool that mean flashing process already finish successfully
- Done, you have successful install Android 5.0 Lollipop to your Lenovo S850. Disconnect your device and try to do normal booting, first booting will take longer than usually approx 5 minutes or less so be patient.