Installing Custom Recovery TWRP v188.8.131.52 on Lenovo S580 - Thank to user SevenMaxs now user with Lenovo S580 device can enjoy custom recovery with material design view, using this guide i will try to show you how to install custom recovery TWRP v184.108.40.206 on Lenovo S580.
This guide is will modified your original recovery to custom, i will warm you that once you replace it you cannot restore it back without having any backup, so please make backup first before starting following this guide. Following this guide also will remove your Lenovo S580 warranty because it will change or modified system file that not allowed.
This guide will not computer so there will be several driver that need to install before you can continued reading the guide, installation driver will be place on requirement section.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
Recovery already can managed :
- full support for SELinux
- mounting two flash drives - internal and removable SDcard PC mode MTP
- mount removable SDcard PC mode MassStorage
- Choice of FS (ext2, ext3, ext4, f2fs, exFAT, FAT32) for the formatted partition ..
- removal of screenshots by clamping power + Volume down (stored / sdcard / Pictures / Screenshots)
- support for OTA
- full functionality ADB
- operation charge battery
- Added ability to set img-files (for this transition to Install and in the top pane to switch from Install Zip on the Install Image )
- TWRP v220.127.116.11 ↦ File custom recovery that can be install using bat command
- ADB Interface Driver ↦ Android Debug Bridge, install this and your computer will be able to communicate with your android phone.
- miror : TWRP_S580_TWRP_v18.104.22.168 ↦ Install using any custom recovery, or install through recovery mode
- Must use windows operating system, because need to run bat file that only can run on windows
- Enable USB Debugging on your Lenovo S580 first and make sure it active when connect to computer.
- Install ADB Interface driver first before continue to the next step, will return error on bat file when not install first.
- Download TWRP v22.214.171.124 and extract it on the root of any drive.
- After enable USB debugging connect your device to computer using usb cable, on device manager must be exist Lenovo Composite ADB Interface.
- Now just run Flash-TWRP_S580.bat, wait until it finish. Log that show maybe in russian language and will return weird symbols on your computer so it normal
- Process to install maybe just need 5-10 second and your device will reboot automatically after finish installation.
- Wait until boot normally and now you can disconnect your device.
- Done, confirm that TWRP v126.96.36.199 already install on your device by boot to recovery mode.