Lenovo S939 installing custom recovery TWRP v22.214.171.124 with Android 5.0 UI - Found on some Lenovo forum, custom recovery TWRP v126.96.36.199 for Lenovo S939. Today guide will share how to install custom recovery TWRP v188.8.131.52 on your Lenovo S939, the guide also helping you prepare your computer for installing custom recovery and do modification on Lenovo S939.
The file on this guide also can be use using Mobile Uncle application, but for the guide i will use flash tool to install the recovery file to Lenovo S939.
Remember modified system file on Lenovo devices always have risk, so please make backup preparation first before following the guide. The guide and file on this guide is only for Lenovo S939, do not use it for any other devices.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
Modified Lenovo S939 always have a risk, please prepare your self before following the guide
- TWRP_v184.108.40.206_S939 ↦ custom recovery files, can be use with mobile uncle application also.
- USB VCom driver ↦ this driver must be install on you computer first before can be use.
- SP Flash Tool v3.1328 ↦ tool that can be use to install custom recovery file to your device, recommended using this version.
- turn off your device and remove the battery, If you device using non removable make sure that your device is completely turn off
- open device manager on your computer
- connect your device using USB cable
- there will be MTK65xx Preloader Devices show on your device manager, PORT section for 5 second or less and then disappear
- disconnect and connect your device again, right click on MTK65xx Preloader Devices before it disappear, select Update Driver Software
- point it USB VCOM extracted folder, and install the driver from there.
- disconnect and connect your device again, there will be Mediatek PreLoader USB VCOM Port on your device manager PORT section.
Lenovo S939 installing custom recovery TWRP v220.127.116.11 with Android 5.0 UI
- When you reach this step i assume that you already successful installing USB VCom driver on your computer. Download all required files above and extract on the same folder.
- Open flash tool extracted folder and run flash_tool.exe, if you are using windows 7 or later please run it using administrator privileges to avoid any permission error.
- On the flash tool, check DA DL All with Checksum and the click Scatter-Loading button browse it to custom recovery extracted folder and then select MT6592_Android_scatter.txt, click open.
- It will automatically load recovery.img to flash tool
- Now, you just need to press Download button on flash tool, it will trigger warning that said not all images correctly loaded. Just press Yes button and flash tool will become standby waiting connection with your device. (with all button disable, only stop button enable)
- Turn off your device, remove the battery or if your device use non removable battery just make sure that it completely turn off (wait for 2-3 minutes after power off it). Connect your device to flash tool, if USB VCOM driver is completely install the flash tool will recognize your device and begin to flash the custom recovery, it will take 10-15 second to finish and will show GREEN CIRCLE in the middle of flash tool
Congratulations, Please confirm that custom recovery already installed on your Lenovo S939. Reboot your device while press and hold Power button + Volume Up + Volume Down button, this will make your device boot to recovery mode.
Please leave comments if you found any problem or broken link regarding this guide, and thank you