Android 4.4.2 AOSP for Lenovo S860 with Android Lollipop UI - After long time not posting any guide because lack of an update from Lenovo, now i am back with great news for Lenovo S860 users. I am found on xda-developer forum an modified AOSP Android 4.4.2 ROM that using Android Lollipop user interface.
This ROM already using full Android lollipop user interface so with this modified ROM you can getting an experience using Android Lollipop and try it until the real update for Lenovo S860 come out.
This ROM can only be install using custom recovery, it mean this ROM file will be in zip and your device must be already installed with custom recovery. Before starting to install and use it better to see the change logs and some screenshot from this ROM.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
Modified Lenovo S860 always have a risk, please prepare your self before following the guide
for more screen shot...
Change Log for RC 2.0 ROW :
- More responsive touch
- Fix Clear sound (nvram sound added)
- Added Playstore 5.5.9
- Modem change from 109 to 102 as user request
- S860_AOSP_RC2.0_ROW ↦ can only be installed using custom recovery, so please make sure that your device is already install with custom recovery. You can follow this Lenovo S860 Update your custom recovery with TWRP 126.96.36.199 Android Lollipop design
- First Lenovo S860 must be on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, and then already using custom recovery if not just go to above link i give and install it.
- Copy the downloaded file to your external sd card, or any else that can be access from custom recovery. It recommended to put in on the root, not inside the folder.
- Turn off the phone, and then turn it on again using Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button. This will make your device boot on recovery mode.
- Do backup process first before continued the process, select Backup ↦ Swipe to backup
- Wait the backup process until it finish completely, don't interrupt or skip the backup process cause you be be needed someday.
- Now do the wipe process or factory reset process, select Wipe ↦ Advanced Wipe check the cache, data, dalvik cache and system. ↦ Swipe to wipe *after wiping process device will not have operating system
- After done wipe process now it time to install the ROM. select Install ↦ Select zip file from ↦ browse it to downloaded file and the Swipe to Install, wait the process and don't interrupt it.
- Process will take 3-4 minutes to finish and you can see the log on your screen. When finish now you can Reboot your device, it will take several time to do the first boot so please patience.
- If you got problem on first boot, more than 15 minutes then do factory reset again. Now do the wipe process or factory reset process, select Wipe ↦ Swipe to factory reset, then try to normal boot.
Apparently the link for Lollipop UI is under development, so as a replacement i give the link for MAUI v2 for Lenovo S860, installation is same with above