How to Installing TWRP v2.8 on Lenovo S90 Sisley - After unlocking bootloader on Lenovo S90 Sisley, now i this guide we will try to install custom recovery TWRP v2.8.6 . I found this guide on russian forum a couple a day before, maybe it will nice if i share it here.
Installing custom recovery can have many advantages, using custom recovery user can do manual full backup and restore, installing custom ROM, clear and do factory reset, many more. But installing custom recovery also can make your warranty void and has possibility to brick your device, so it very concern that you know the risk for modified system files.
So today i will try to write article about it, prepare your Lenovo S90 Sisley before following the guide, this guide has possibility to brick your device.
This guide for educational purpose only, We not responsible if your device bricked after following this tutorial. (DWYOR)
- Full support for SELinux
- Mount inner SDcard to PC mode MTP
- Mount USB-flash drives for OTG (USB drive will work with file systems fat32 and exFAT )
- Ability to select FS (ext2, ext3, ext4, f2fs, exFAT, FAT32) for the formatted partition ..
- Removal of screenshots by clamping power + volume down (saved / sdcard / Pictures / Screenshots)
- Support for OTA
- Full functionality ADB
- Operation charge the batteries
- Used topic Materialised by z31s1g
- Added ability to set img-files (for that go to the Install in the lower right corner to switch from Zips to Images - to drain threads or the top panel to switch from Install Zip to Install Image - for the theme Materialised )
- bootloader must be unlock first, follow this guide Unlocking bootloader for Lenovo S90 running Android KitKat or Android Lollipop (ROW/CN)
- TWRP-220.127.116.11_S90 ↦ use this file if you still using Android KitKat 4.4.x
- TWRP-18.104.22.168_L_S90 ↦ use this file if you are using Android Lollipop 5.0.x
- Download above files, choose file that fit with your firmware. You can see the firmware on System Setting ↦ About Phone
- Extract on any drive on your computer, recommend if you extract it on root of your drive. ex C:\TWRP-22.214.171.124_S90\
- Active USB Debugging on your device, go to System Setting ↦ Developer Options ↦ give check on USB Debugging options.
- Connect your Lenovo S90, using usb cable.
- Go to extracted folder above C:\TWRP-126.96.36.199_S90\ and then run Flash-TWRP_S90.bat
- Just wait and see the log, when finish your device will automatically reboot to recovery and you will see the TWRP v188.8.131.52 on your screen